SharePoint Migration to Azure - Case Study/h1>
CLIENT CASE STUDY 1
SharePoint 2010 migration to SharePoint Online
- Our client had a collection of 510 bespoke SharePoint 2010 sites that they wished to migrate to SharePoint Online
- We were engaged to assess those sites and provide recommendations to the client on the readiness and ability to migrate to SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2019 on-prem
- We obtained detailed information on site usage to identify which sites were being modified (active) and recommended that all sites not active within the last 12 months be archived
- We then analysed the active sites further to understand whether there was any components being utilised that could not be supported in an ‘out of the box’ SharePoint Online set-up, these included:
- Custom web-parts
- We provided recommendations to our client to migrate to SharePoint Online (default) and 2019 on-prem (if unable to go Online)
- Our client had one source of the truth; a single view of their entire estate that needed assessing and appropriate action taken.
- Our client had harmonised and cleansed data between asset detection tools, their service management tool and device inventories.