PMaaS – Project Management as a Service
Have you heard of PMaaS?
PMaaS (Project Management as a Service) is growing in popularity, especially given the explosion of Cloud business services and the focus on company expenditure.
PMaaS helps you mitigate your project resource costs.
What is PMaaS and what is it not?
You will have most likely heard of SaaS, PaaS and IaaS, so let us explain what PMaaS is and is not.
I really like the concept of the ‘as a service model’. You only pay for what you need (or use) and you don’t have any unnecessary and/or expensive overheads. Remove all that wasted spend!
With PMaaS, you can simply bring in the project services you need, when you need them, that’s it.
Once you have a contract and service agreement in place, if you need for example a PM, BA and Architect for a kick-off workshop, great, you simply request what you need and get the resources booked in.
If you then need to wait for budget to be approved or decide to not proceed with an initiative, then that’s not a problem. You can stand down resources until you’re ready.
What are the key benefits?
- No recruiters or agencies involved keeps the engagement model simple and directly between the PMaaS provider and you
- Work with a dedicated Account Manager to manage your pipeline and active resources
- Performance management is taken care of by the PMaas provider; if a PMaaS resource is not a right fit or not delivering, they can easily be swapped out
- Knowledge retention, handover and support is built in to the model; you do not have to worry about knowledge drain when a contractor finishes their assignment
- Reduced lead in times – resource are secured and ready when you need it, typically within days not weeks/months
- No need to spend time and money training employees – PMaaS resources are highly proficient and ready to work
- Scalable model – you can ramp-up, spin-down, expand outwards; the choice is your yours
- Choose whether to outsource your whole project management function to a managed service provider – you can start with just a project by project agreement and move to a fully outsourced model when/if you like
Refer to our PMaaS services page here for further information.