PMaaS – Project Management as a Service
PMaaS (Project Management as a Service) is growing in popularity, especially given the explosion of Cloud business services and the demand to do more with less.
PMaaS helps you mitigate your project resource costs by focusing on results. You no longer have to employee someone or hire a day-rate contractor via an agency; you can use a PMaaS provider to give you deliver what you need, when you need it.
What exactly is PMaaS?
You will be familiar with other “..as a Service” options like SaaS, PaaS and IaaS. Think of PMaaS in the same manner.
I really like the concept of the ‘as a service model’. You only pay for what you need (or use) and you don’t have any unnecessary and/or expensive overheads. Remove all that wasted spend! Why pay to have someone sit on the bench waiting for projects to deliver?
With PMaaS, you can simply bring in the project services you need, when you need them, that’s it.
Your PMaaS provider should be skilled in assessing your needs, helping to shape your pipeline and then putting in place the necessary agreements to enable you to acquire PM, BA and Architect type resource when you need them.
Your PMaaS provider should be able to take care of a kick-off workshop, an RFI exercise and a complex delivery. Simply work with you provider to request what you need and get the resources booked in.
If you then need to wait for budget to be approved or decide to not proceed with an initiative, then that’s not a problem. You can stand down resources until you’re ready.
What are the key benefits of PMaaS?
- No recruiters or agencies involved keeps the engagement model simple and directly between the PMaaS provider and you
- Work with a dedicated Account Manager to manage your pipeline and active resources
- Performance management is taken care of by the PMaas provider; if a PMaaS resource is not a right fit or not delivering, they can easily be swapped out
- Knowledge retention, handover and support is built in to the model; you do not have to worry about knowledge drain when a contractor finishes their assignment
- Reduced lead in times – resource are secured and ready when you need it, typically within days not weeks/months
- No need to spend time and money training employees – PMaaS resources are highly proficient and ready to work
- Scalable model – you can ramp-up, spin-down, expand outwards; the choice is your yours
- Choose whether to outsource your whole project management function to a managed service provider – you can start with just a project by project agreement and move to a fully outsourced model when/if you like
Check out our PMaaS services page here for more information.